On June 3, 2016, the Massachusetts State Legislature enacted "An Act to Improve Public Records", Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016. The City Clerk in Easthampton is the Records Access Officer, charged with assisting public records requestors, as well as working with record custodians in maintaining records and explaining the request and response process.
For more information on the new state law and requesting public records in Massachusetts, please click here.
Please note that the City of Easthampton maintains records relating to city government only.
Submitting a request:
To request records maintained by the City, please submit a Records Request by clicking here. To ensure that we process your request as efficiently as possible, please be sure to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number
- A reasonable description of the record(s) sought, containing specific dates and supporting information which will allow the City to identify and locate the record(s)
In response to a request, the City will:
- Provide an initial response within ten (10) business days indicating receipt of the request
- Approve or deny the request, detailing any reason(s) for denial
The City has up to twenty (25) business days from the date of the initial request to provide the requested records; the requestor can agree to more time.
Fees for processing records requests:
- 05¢ per page.
- A maximum of $25 per hour for employee time needed to perform the work (as Easthampton is under 20,000 in population)
- All fees are billed prior to the release of any records requested.
For a listing of departmental Records Access Officers, click HERE:
For more information:
Barbara L. LaBombard, City Clerk, Records Access Officer
Easthampton Municipal Building, 50 Payson Ave., Easthampton, MA 01027